JapanLinx helps companies discover new market opportunities, then connect with the right partners, and finally grow their business profitably with strategies that match resources, capabilities and risk tolerance.
Jeff Mettais, President, has been doing business with Japan for over 25 years. During more than a decade on the ground there, he co-founded Comtec, a children’s media distributor with exclusive rights to popular U.S. brands such as “Baby Einstein”. Comtec was acquired by Disney Japan. Jeff also led overseas development for The Educational Foundation Group, a Japanese foundation serving over 10,000 students with operations in Japan, the U.S. and New Zealand. Fluent in the language and business culture, Jeff provides personal access to a high-integrity network of Japanese people and companies.
JapanLinx works with a select group of Partners and Advisors based in the U.S. and Japan who provide both a wealth of experience across multiple industries and the relationships vital to success.
We’re eager to connect with truly exceptional people, products and technologies that contribute to a cleaner, healthier and happier world. Areas of special interest include:
- Clean technology or “Cleantech” (renewable energy, waste-to-energy, energy efficiency, green products)
- LOHAS (Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability) products and services
- Children’s media and educational toys
- Healthcare technologies (digital health, medical devices)
- Products and services for Japan’s aging society – the “silver market”